Sweet circle pillows!
Sweet circle pillows!
The “Sarah Mae” Pinafore in my shop today. $24 + shipping. These are made from salvaged vintage linens and men’s 100% cotton dress shirts. Size: 9-15 (ish) months.
My new thread caddies: old spice shelves at Goodwill for a total of $6. Sand, paint, distress and use!
Individual Rustic Apple Pies! Yum! Betty Crocker pie crust recipe and the filling recipe is found at: tasteandseegodsgoodness.blogspot.com/2009/11/homemade-apple-pie-filling.html
simple lines, old lines
I love vintage kitchen linens. This half apron is bound with a mint green cotton print that matches the color of the leaves perfectly. So summery, so cheery! $27 + $3 shipping (within USA). #salvageseamsttress #vintagelinens #upcycle #sewpretty
Testing for the Best Chocolate Chip Recipe
Top Photo Group: Which natural sweetner should you use for baking the best chocolate chip cookies? From Eating Well. The control goup used the classic 3/4 cups of both granulated white sugar and light brown sugar. Collage by me after reading 15 pages.
- Brown Rice Syrup: Most Likely to Have a Meltdown!” Used 1 1/4 cups in place of each cup of sugar
- Corn Syrup: “Most Likely Not to Repeat” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Maple Syrup: “Most Hidden Flavor” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Agave: “Most Surprising Result” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Coconut Sugar (sometimes called coconut palm sugar): “New Kid on the Block” Used cup for cup in place of both sugars
- Granulated Sugar: “Dough Best Suited for Another Cookie” Used white granulated sugar cup for cup in place of brown sugar
- Date Sugar: “Best Personality” Used 2/3 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Cane Syrup (also called golden, refinery or refiner’s syrup): “Most Unique” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar in the classic recipe
- Honey: “Happiest Surprise!” Used 3/4 cup in place of each cup of sugar
- Brown Sugar: “Best in Show” Used brown sugar cup for cup in place of granulated white sugar
Bottom Photo Group: The Secret to Baking the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever from OZY. The recipe used based on the classic Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe,
Marilyn Monroe on the back of a jacket?! Bold! This custom jacket turned out better than I expected. I’m not necessarily a fan of MM, but really liked the completed jacket. Customers often have “vision” that I don’t. They’re almost always right! :)
Found at the Ironstone Nest. http://www.theironstonenest.com/